Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Cougar Run Winery, Concord, N.C.

Saturday, August 12th, 2017. Jenni. I, and our friends left CABO and headed over to Cougar Run Winery  a few blocks from downtown in Concord. Cougar Run is again an urban winery. Cougar has more the feel of a local tavern, allowing the opportunity to sit around the bar. I noticed Cougar also had a large event room. Reading on the website, the proprietors sound so much like us. They attended a wine festival, fell in love the idea of making their own, and turned a hobby into a business. Our wine server was a lot of fun and the whole place has the feel of a friendly neighborhood tavern.  As to the wines,  I liked the Gentle Spirit (Bergamais), the Predator (Merlot), and the Blue Ridge Road Trip, a good red blend. However, the star of this tasting, and the bottle which went home with us, is the Telling Secrets, a Peach Chardonnay.  Happy Weekend Wining! #NCWine



Return to WineryEscapades.Com

1 comment:

  1. Yes I would agree about the tavern feel. They were very busy while we were there and everyone, including other visitors, were very friendly. Yes a bottle of the Telling Secrets came home with us and I, too, enjoyed it very much. I also enjoyed the Whispers in the Wind (Piesporter) and the Birch Bark (Riesling). I was actually surprised to find that the Full Moon (Gewurztraminer) was a bit dry to me. If we had not wanted to save some money for other wineries, we probably would have brought a few more home. The plus is it's not THAT far from home and we can always go again!

    ReplyDelete

Finding Common Ground Over A Glass

The differences between our members at our small Episcopal church has me thinking a lot lately. Our small church is extremely active in our ...